Thursday, November 08, 2007

visitors ahoy!

So much happens in one day, and so little time to sit down and write about it all! But I love immersing myself into this busy life, a weekly routine taking shape.

Our first visitors to South Africa will be arriving in just a little over a day. Matt's parents and Aunt Jan (from Melbourne) and Aunty B (from Perth) will be touching down shortly. How exciting to be entertaining visitors already, just 2 months since we touched down in the Mother City!

It makes me realize how in the past 2 months how much i have learned about South Africa's history, politics, culture and people. And how much more i have yet to discover and experience - so much!

Besides coordinating the fundraising cocktail for the Literacy Programme "ABC for Life"at Sentinel Intermediate School and teaching/tutoring with the HB Music Project, I've found myself two private piano students (brother, 7 yrs, and sister, 11 yrs) whom I teach weekly.

We're enjoying our new home a lot and over the past couple of weeks, we've been whale watching (Southern Right Whales, to be exact) from our balcony while we eat our cereal breakfast!

It really is incredible, seeing their flippers and tails fly out of the water. On one occasion I counted at least 10 whales in the bay! Can you spot em in the pic?

I am hoping they (the whales) stay around for at least one more day, so our guests can see them too.

Oh, and several of the eggs have hatched! See pic of mamma and pappa goose with their 4 cutie babies.

No comments: