Friday, September 12, 2008

piece by piece

I'm tired.

If I'm not careful i could burnout. It's been FULL-ON since we arrived less than two weeks ago. But I'm loving it here, the newness, the friendly folk (and boy are they friendly!), the slow island-paced life, and the gorgeous non-stop summery weather.

But I'm tired.

Our stuff arrived today and with 6 young strong guys, they had moved everything from the container to the storage unit in 15 minutes. Fifteen. Amazing. And i'm talking a big 20-foot container! I overpaid them for sure but hey, they are young and they helped me out.

The best news of the day is that my violin is intact and looking beautiful as ever. I was so scared when I opened the case, fearing the worst. I thought the humidity of the cross-ocean voyage would crack the wood. When i held it to my chin, it was like being reunited with a long-lost child.

One more piece of the giant puzzle has come together. Having our stuff here is very reassuring, even if it's only in storage. Opening all of those boxes was like a second Christmas in the summer.

No comments: