Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cornwall at its best

Matt has gone to Nanaimo for a 48 hour period to collect his Permanent Resident card from Immigration... a long way to go but at this point it would be silly not to obtain it.

As long as he is living with me, a Canadian, his PR status will stay in effect.

This is great news, especially after all the time, money and resources that we've spent putting the application together.

Although I was supposed to go back as well as his 'sponsor', the case officer was extremely sympathetic and didn't make that mandatory due to my 'condition'. I was only sorry I didn't get a chance to catch up with people back in Nanaimo.

So besides driving Matt to Bristol airport in the middle of the night, a 4+ hour drive from Penzance, I have been relishing the time to myself after a couple of hectic weeks.

Today, I met up with Sue, Guy, Claire and Anthony in Crackington Haven, about an hour and a half north-east of Penzance.

It is fantastic how close we are to them now (C&A) and able to see each other more regularly.

The north coast of Cornwall is truly stunning and we had a picture-perfect day.

We started with sitting outside in the sun, munching on fresh crab sandwiches, followed by a stunning walk on the cliff path and then down through the valley. We finished off with a double scoop of Cornish ice-cream as a well-deserved reward.

No comments: