Friday, January 13, 2006

feeling much better now, thankfully

Today was such a contrast to yesterday. I had been feeling blah to my stomach for a while and then yesterday my muscles started to ache all over as immense waves of tiredness washed over me.

I think it may have been due to a reaction of the flu vaccine i received on Tuesday. I don't ever recall getting a flu vaccine before but this year we thought it was a good idea (even though i know it doesn't prevent bird flu like a lot of people think, it does prevent you from getting other flus and running your system down - except for the reaction itself).

So yesterday, after a (knock on wood) successful interview with the Hans Anderson Club, which btw was conducted all in Cantonese!!, i felt so sick i just went home and slept all afternoon.

I woke up today in a much sunnier state and the day unfolded to be exactly what i needed to recharge myself. I was able to wake up to my own internal clock for a change, putter around a bit, spend hours pouring over university courses and applications, send off a resume for a job i saw listed in the SCMP (South China Morning Post, HK's leading English paper) as an Instructor Trainee for Outward Bound, an "experiential learning-by-participating" organization that focuses on leadership, teamwork and motivational courses by offering mainly outdoor adventure activities .. and then an hour later get called for the interview for Tuesday - yay!

I cooked myself a late 5pm lunch, read some, cleaned the whole house while humming The Sound of Music sountrack, then took a leisurely walk down to the plaza to return a DVD at the video shop (the 2nd late return of the week, gotta stop that) and then attended an extremely re-energizing yoga class.

Now i'm stuffed from my congee/egg/tomato dinner and a ton of cookies 'n cream ice-cream. Whoa, it just suddenly occured to me i am definitely what i eat: my Chinese upbringing with hot fresh food did not in the least deter me from my North-American binge on sweet cold goodness!

About to crash here, goodnight all.

No comments: