Tuesday, June 06, 2006

all in a day's delight

We were doing some spelling in class yesterday. Each kid gets his/her own white board with a marker and eraser. We were teaching a Year 1 class (6-7 year olds) and reviewing words that begin with 'blends' such as string & scram, and 'chunks' such as chill, short, thorn.... Us E.A.'s are situated around the room to help with the students' answers and just maintain classroom order. I was seated beside Sarah, a cute brown-haired girl with scabby legs and large green eyes. A decent speller but by no means phenomenal, she suddenly taps me on the leg and shows me her white board. On it she had written in perfect letter formation: I love you. I could hear my heart smiling and told her I loved her back.

Matt's in Hamburg for 9 days, one of the longest spells of separation for us. He left yesterday morning and although I'm super busy with work and hooray- upcoming Japan long weekend!!! i miss him so much already. And so, darling, this is my little "I love you" message on my own electronic 'white-board'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M'goi sai, ngo ge ho ho ho leng ge tai tai!!