Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back to school

Did i just remember the crazy parties, juicy gossip, late night runs to coffee shops and every day random foolish craziness during my time in Uni? I must've because I think i missed an important element when i decided to return to full-time studies, and that is the fact that your life is pretty much ruled by assignments and deadlines. How soon we forget.

Our PGDE (Post Graduate Degree in Education) class has been plunged into the deep-end already, bombarded with group projects, reports, learning journals, self-directed study groups and so on. I've been nominated "Group Leader" in my group of 6. We will be working closely for the next 10 months; it's a good thing they are all super nice and (more importantly) super hard-working.

The whole experience so far has been a new breath of fresh air, and (so far) i'm riding this euphoric feeling of academia life again.

On another note, last Friday I auditioned to join the Hong Kong Union Philharmonic Orchestra. I thought it would be a great opportunity to play in an ensemble again, to have weekly practices and concerts to work towards but to not have to commit my entire life to it. I managed to pull some piece together the night before (see pic of me concentrating hard), it had been a long time since i had played and my shoulder and neck were already sore after a few minutes. It all worked out though, as i am now sitting amongst the 2nd violins in the Orchestra. All this despite snapping my E string while tuning it 2 minutes before the audition - ah, the panic!

No comments: