Friday, October 20, 2006

Ready to go

It's Friday and I'm happy! Reading week is officially here. Doing presentation after presentation certainly does your head in and I'm thankful for a weeklong break. I had my first official day at my teaching practicum school, King's College, on Wednesday. My mentor is fantastic. We share the same maiden name, Wong, and the same given first name, Mei. I think we'll have a successful year together.

But for now, it's off to Beijing we go (23 minutes to be exact) for a few days of sight-seeing, visiting old friends and eating Xinjiang food again! AND, it's a lovely chilly 6 degrees up there! We've packed the hats and scarves!

And then Anice arrives next Friday after her year in Japan, to begin her next adventures hopping around South-east Asia.

No comments: