Tuesday, January 23, 2007

hoping, dreaming

Grandma Ma is back in hospital again. Very weak, low insulin levels, vomiting and the rest of it. She gets professional care there but "it's not home." Here's a small pic of her in her apartment on the couch just a few weeks ago. I hope she recovers soon and can go home and relax on her massage chair. You certainly can measure the distance in kilometres and time zones a lot more acutely when a loved one is not well.

Apparently there is snow in Ottawa now! Not like it was years ago where snowbanks would be taller than me, but at least the ground is covered in a beautiful white blanket. One day, and i hope in my lifetime, we will be able to travel instantaneously to wherever we desire. I would beam myself to the frozen Ottawa River and watch the mist rise from the surface at sunrise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the snow drifts are the same but you got taller? ;-) Mx