Saturday, February 23, 2008

cruisin' in style

On Saturday, we woke up to a perfect day, weather wise, for some Harley cruising.

We arrived just before opening hours and found this sign on the door of the Harley Davidson office (see pic).

Minutes later, the owner arrived, in a Harley of course. He confirmed any and all stereotypes of Harley riders: unshaven, wild hair, wearing leather and big clunky cowboy boots.

Actually we could hear him coming from blocks away, that low grunt/gurgle which so many Harley enthusiasts find so addictive.

We knew we were in for a fun day! So as soon as the papers were all filled out, off we went, towards the winelands of Cape Town: Stellenbosch, Franschoek and Bainskloof Pass.

While I puttered along in my little green Peugeot, acting as the support vehicle with all the food and drink and gear, Mom and Dad took turns riding with Matt.

I had a short go on it after our traditional Cape Malay lunch in Franschoek, although I must admit I almost fell asleep while on the back! I blame it on the huge babotie and wildebeest lunch.

No comments: