Monday, September 20, 2010

joy














I am getting to know Tai more each day.

I am able to read his body language, his cues and can anticipate what he may want next - possibly even before he realizes it himself.

We marvel at each other, lock eyes and both of us crack open the widest grin imaginable. I feel my heart literally jump up and down. Is it physically possible to have an internal organ detach itself like that for a split second? It certainly seems to be possible in my case.


With new discoveries everyday, I feel more vulnerable and protective over this little human being, who is showing me his many shades and colours and temperaments.

In all honesty, I have to say Tai is a pretty laid-back baby. He rarely cries, and when he does, it's for a good reason.

I have discovered that he absolutely hates loud noises. Today I let loose one of my massive sneezes and he just started to scream bloody murder. Up until then, he had been happily sitting in his bouncy chair for close to an hour, sucking his fists like there was no tomorrow.

I catch myself gazing at him, memorizing every single square millimetre of his beautiful face.

I can remember life before him, but what's different is now I cannot imagine life without him.

1 comment:

David V Wong said...

Bonnie,

Glad that you're still posting to your 'blog. You and I are a dying breed.

Baby Tai is adorable. Glad to see the photos you've posted of him and other family... nice to know that you're all doing well.

I'm back in Asia. I've just arrived into Viet Nam. I'm embarking on another big long overland trip... probably my last for a good long while.

Hoping to make it all the way out to England before the trip is over. Would be great to see you and Matthew: and meet Tai.

Keep on posting; hope to see you all in-person soon.

David