Friday, May 31, 2019

Getting Settled

Day 3, May 31, 2019. 


Matt was up, showered and gone to return the U-Haul before I could drag myself out of bed. 


It was such a cozy warm sleep and it was grey and drizzly out, I didn't want to get up. 


The hot water bottles that our new friends lent us did the trick! Unfortunately Matt forgot his wallet so couldn't get coffee on his way back.. good thing the marina gives out coffee to customers! 


We don't have water, electricity or propane gas on the boat yet, so basically it's like camping. 


My day was mostly spent organizing and unpacking our items. And then trying to figure out the best place for everything. A lot of trial and error, and I know the next few months will be just learning where we like to keep things, which drawer, cabinet or shelf. For now, most things are somewhere. 


Matt spent most of his day taking off the rigging on the mast. The rigging is all the wires that hold the mast in place. We are going to bring it into Halifax and get it inspected. It's original so we'll likely have to get new rigging. 


We went into Chester to get groceries for lunch and dinner. Tonight we put up the dodger in the cockpit and wound up all the rigging to take into the shop tomorrow in Halifax. 


A good productive day indeed! 


Much chillier tonight so I'm dressed in multiple layers with my winter hat and neck warmer on too! Night night!


Favorite cozy spot on the boat.



My view this morning when I opened my eyes.

Morning coffee at the marina office.

Tai's Mark Twain poem displayed.


Removing the rigging is not easy.

ANJULIA SUE squeezed tightly between two friends.

There's our mast down.


Our galley (kitchen).

Dinner was soup in a can in the marina laundromat, the only warm place!




Tai's cozy bunk.

Aila's toys and books ready for her.

There's a table! Jersey tea towel hung on the wall, Tai's poem and a souvenir from Eritrea.

Need to find a better place to stow our ocean fishing rod.

No comments: