Monday, May 20, 2019

The Countdown is On

 What a week!!! 

I scrambled to wrap up everything at work and bid farewell to colleagues on Friday. 

Technically, my last day isn't until May 22nd, but I had some overtime hours to take. 


OCISO has been an absolute joy to work for. I have learned so much it is hard to put it into words. Like with all experiences in life it seems, it was the people that made working at OCISO so special. 

Not just colleagues, although they were the rock I needed when things went sideways. But the clients, volunteers, community stakeholders... they all contributed to how I see Ottawa now, and how invaluable and essential it is to welcome newcomers into our communities.

I feel I have been granted front-row seats into Ottawa's most generous and enthusiastic hearts. 

Takeaway: despite all the horror and injustices in the world that we hear and see in the media, there are incredible people out there. And they are likely your neighbours!

In between all the goodbyes at work, the kids had several events at school this week, our toilet needed some emergency repairs, and relatives came to visit from Toronto.

Oh and Aunty Anice arrived from Vancouver! Hooray!


I posted this collage of photos on my Facebook Page the other day to illustrate what my brain was like inside. It isn't a perfect rendition, but you get the picture.

And the one about "Mama Bear Finally Snaps?" Yes, that did happen. 🙋


This past weekend went by in a noisy blur. 

We hosted Tai's (early) birthday party on Saturday and then Aila's party on Sunday. 

It was as loud and energetic as you can imagine. 

I was in bed by 8:30pm Sunday night, ears still ringing and throat still hoarse. 

Today is a new day and I'm feeling determined. Time to get some things checked off our list. 

9 more sleeps until Matt and I roll out of Ottawa.

Feeling a bit daunted and overwhelmed, almost like stage fright or pre-exam jitters.

However, Matt managed to resurrect my old blogs from an old site I used to post on. Re-reading my earlier posts from pre-departure adventures, I'm reassured that these emotions are normal and that this is all part of the journey.






No comments: