Friday, November 18, 2005

mood: anxious

It's funny, being back in Canada, things are so easy and predictable that there aren't many random and bizzare events to recount. All i seem to be doing is journalling my daily activities and the ever-changing weather, how so typically Canadian of me!

Took a nice leisurely walk/run by the river this morning, snapped a few photos, cleaned the house, started to pack, and then walked up to the dentist office where i had an appointment. I ended up getting a cleaning, a checkup and then a quick filling for my cracked upper right back tooth.

Apparently if the crack isn't filled right away it can be prone to plaque-buildup; i'm a bit skeptical and couldn't help thinking it was just a way to squeeze more money out of me, but i relented since i didn't know when the next time i'd have a checkup. It had been a couple of years since my last visit, and at least 5 years since my last filling.

I was amazed at all the various tools they have now to drill, fill, and clean your teeth. I didn't have any local freezing done to me, a first, and the sensation of the drill boring into my enamel was actually kind of cool, if not a bit tedious after a while.

Spent the afternoon downtown in the lovely Byward Market of Ottawa, sipping coffee, reading all the papers i could get my hands on, browsing through clothes shops, then treating myself to a movie at Ottawa's famous independent theatre.

I saw "The Constant Gardener" with Ralph Fienes and Rachel Weisz. Basically the story revolves around an international drug company's illegal and unethical methods of testing on the poor and vulnerable in Africa, mainly in Kenya and Sudan. Interesting, captivating, a bit of Hollywood mixed in for effect, but overall pretty good.

The weather has taken a turn and today we were plunged into the -10 range, a bit too chilly for me. Tomorrow mom, dad and i are heading out to Toronto for my cousin's wedding, and then i fly out early Sunday morning. I can't wait.

It's been great visiting, but i'm anxious to get started on the HK side of life. That, and i'm growing increasingly impatient to see Matt again. That plane won't be flying nearly as fast enough for me, that i'm sure of!

No comments: