Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Birthday Surprise

After being told by Matt to pack my toothbrush, swimming suit and passport, i was a bit suspicious about where we were headed to for my birthday surprise. It sounded oddly familiar ;) Oh, and i was not to forget my hat either. After my hasty process of elimination, I was convinced that he had booked us two spots to go bungee jumping off the Macau Tower. Figuring i needed to bring my passport and knowing i didn't have a Chinese visa (which eliminated any Mainland destinations), and considering the fact that we had deliberated about doing the jump when we visited Macau with Sue and Guy in January, i was certain that that was to be my big inaugaration into my 27th year. I just couldn't figure out the hat thing - wouldn't it get in the way on my plunge down?

So imagine my relief when Matt led me to Langhan Place Hotel, one of Hong Kong's swankiest hotels and we stepped onto the 40th floor at the Chuan Spa. No bungee jumping tonight, instead a full Oriental Spa Experience awaited us!

We did the Serenity Shen treatment. Beginning with their signature stone therapy massage, we then received their ultimate facial with blended essential oils and a revitalizing cool marine algae mask. Afterwards we were ushered to another room for a full-out foot treatment - including a foot mask! Being luxurious spa virgins, it was exactly what was needed for my post-teaching practicum and his long week of intense negotiations with a Mainland company.

Oh, and as for the passport and hat, they were just red herrings.

*anice: look at how my bunny has grown to full size!

No comments: