Thursday, January 10, 2008

inspire me

There is something very therapeutic in writing. There is an element of healing in writing, in creating music, in painting. Such outlets for such energy, be it good or bad, is a vital in maintaining one's sanity.

While being in a contemplative slump recently, the powers that be intervened and introduced me to women who were making it their mission to provide such creative energy outlets for kids around the world.

Today I met the founder of Let Love Lead, an organization in NYC that does just that. Often, kids are unwilling to discuss trauma in their lives (abuse, rape, death, etc) and allowing them to express themselves (perhaps anonymously if need be) is a way to acknowledge "the issue" as much as they want/need to, and then, along with the ill feelings, release it.

Adults, on the other hand, require similar methods i think.

Always, when I remove myself temporarily from my current situation, something or someone is gently thrusted into my life to inspire me again. I don't ask why anymore, I just embrace it. Thankful.

The day, turning out to be a good one, has flown by. It often does when you're having fun. Or when you have a lot on your mind.

No comments: