Friday, September 20, 2019

Hey Boat, Did You Miss Us?


After a few weeks away from the boat, it was a bit of a shock getting back into the swing of things again.

Don't get me wrong. It was wonderful to be back on board and on the water again. But our first full day back was disastrous.

✅  I blocked the toilet. 💩
✅  We spent 4+ hours at an AT&T trying to get a new SIM card for my phone. Super frustrating being on the phone with Virgin, Bell, AT&T and Samsung and with no results still!
✅  Engine still not 100% not working and have no idea why. Some idea, but not totally sure.


Trying to turn lemons into lemonade, we had a Family Meeting, made a task list and got into busy bee mode:

✅  Matt returned the rental car on time back at Boston Logan Airport.
✅  We found a huge grassy area for the kids to burn off some energy. Aila has nearly perfected her double cartwheel and Tai can now officially throw a ball further than me.
✅  After I tried to pump the toilet muck out, the next day we got a pump-out service and lo and behold, we are able to flush again!! The tank was just TOO FULL!
✅  New footblock is now installed.
✅  We put the jib back up.
✅  We put the bimini and dodger back up in record time.
✅  We found a delicious pizza and gelato restaurant!
✅  I found mini wine bottles at a local store, perfect to quench my wine thirst, but not too big so I can't finish.




After a bad day, all you need is a good roll down a grassy hill.


Pointing to where Gong Gong is in Italy right now.



Gelato goodness!







No comments: