Monday, November 01, 2004

Happy Halloween at EF!

Yesterday was Halloween. I bought a bunch of cheap candy to hand out to my students throughout the weekend. Of course they loved that! I wore a mask on and off throughout the day, very funny for them. After class EF held a Halloween party across the street at the "Orange Street Bar". There were activities and games and EF prizes/propaganda. It was overall a success i think. Pumpkins everywhere, some snacky food, free beer for the teachers (!) and some live music (some ok, some crappy).

I had my first observation by Ian, the Director of Studies (DOS) and my boss. I also had my first parent observation.

I think both went well... got some positive feedback from Ian and nothing from the parents' yet. A bit intimidating to say the least but it's good that they observe us so that we keep on our toes.
Happy November to all! A sunny day it is here in Urumqi. Beginning to really like the city and the different facets that are exposed everyday to me.

Have plans to leave the city area with a few fellow colleagues to go to Heaven Lake/Mountain. Yes, fresh air and beautiful scenery!

No comments: